US Department of Energy: Lead Developer for $16M initiative to design, build and deploy a web-based dashboard for keeping track of 20k programs receiving economic recovery money. (Washington, DC).
Blackboard: Coordinated company-wide platform migration with executive management that included conducting a readiness assessment, formal presentations, and strategic planning initiatives (Washington DC).
Intuit: Realized a 13% increase in gross revenue through development of the Intuit AppCenter platform. It is now a primary focal point of the Intuit enterprise (Denver, CO).
Pathbrite: Lead Developer and Project Manager for core product that lead to round A investor funding (San Francisco, CA).
Michael’s: Delivered multi-platform scrap-booking application that lead to $1.5M/year in increased revenue (Denver, CO).
Mindflash: Transformed the company’s flagship product as Lead Developer through architectural remodeling and developer training, leading to $3M in cost avoidance and $30M in series A funding.
Universal Mind: Provided development solutions for fortune 500 clients and assisted account managers in assessing clients’ needs, providing iterative delivery timelines and resource requirements for new contracts (Boston, MA).
View Control: Hired and managed development team, assisted with investor presentations, provided written and visual content design and analysis, and gave weekly progress reports to the board of directors (Phoenix, AZ).
Checkissuing – Tempe, Arizona 2018 – 2019
Financial tech company providing online digital check writing and ACH direct deposit and document management services via API or online portal.
Role: Senior Developer in charge of new product development, optimizing operational efficiency, systems integration, resource acquisition, and supporting current systems.
- Transformed development operations by implementing an automated continuous integration and continuous delivery solution using terraform.
- Migrated software systems off centralized servers onto AWS EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3, Cognito, and API Gateway.
- Brought the company up to security compliance standards, meeting PCI audit and SOC II requirements for financial services.
- Handled back-end Linux and MySql server administration and optimization.
- Responsible for resource acquisition and project management on new initiatives using Agile methodologies with Jira, GitLab, Trello, and other helpful tools.
- Assisted with customer acquisition by fielding all technology related questions in conference calls and meetings.
Creative Computing – Phoenix, Arizona 2010-2018
Consulting company providing product development, consulting, and user experience design services for mobile and web-based applications.
Role: Principal Consultant, responsible for providing web application and programming solutions for product development and business growth for client companies.
- Delivered web application development solutions to small and medium business clients using Agile project management methods.
- Front-end developer for flagship software product built with React.js and Node.js, designed to facilitate LEAN methodology for manufacturing plants around the country. (PDP Solutions, Seattle, WA)
- Coordinated efforts with executive management to conduct a readiness assessment, cost-benefit analysis, strategic planning, and formal presentation of strategic initiatives for a company-wide migration from an on-premise Microsoft Exchange environment to a cloud-based Office 365 solution for an enterprise with 3300 employees across the nation, saving the company $2.95M. (Blackboard, Washington, DC.)
- Successfully built and deployed software used to track economic recovery money for the U.S. Department of Energy. Duties included architectural design, application development, automated UI testing, and load-testing the application.
- Delivered the Michael’s Photocreations interactive online scrapbooking application as a lead developer sub-contracted by Gorilla Logic in Denver, CO.
- Carried out technical directives given by the executive board of Pathbrite as senior developer and lead architect to build a social media platform centered around digital portfolio management and sharing for educators and employers.
Universal Mind – Boston, Massachusetts 2009 – 2010
Technology and Management consulting firm for Fortune 500 companies.
Role: Senior Developer, responsible for executing product development initiatives for enterprise clients, business process optimisation, providing iterative delivery timelines, sourcing, task and resource management, training internal developers, and carrying out technical project management duties using Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- Delivered mock application concepts, established clean coding practices through developer training, provided architectural coding solutions and implemented development of customer flagship products.
- Presented solutions to clients with financial impact, time lines, resource allocation, technology, risk analysis, payback period and deliverables.
- Represented the company as guest speaker at several conferences and events.
- Accountable for the delivery of on-time, in-full delivery of budget, resources, client delivery and results.
View Control – Phoenix, Arizona 2008 – 2009
Start-up company that licensed patented technology based on embedded object mapping in movies and videos for next-generation product placement advertising.
Role: Lead Developer, direct report to the Chief Technology Officer, responsible for making important decisions on product development, sourcing, marketing, and internal operations. Primary role was to oversee the client and server-side application development teams; utilizing the Agile with SCRUM development methodology for maximum effectiveness and quick time-to-market.
- Managed the Architectural Development and Application Programming of an advanced video distribution and advertising system built on Adobe AIR with a C++ back-end.
- Detailed Business and process analysis to provide weekly progress reports to the Board of Directors and Executive Officers.
- Develop the architecture for the client-side AIR application and assisted the CTO with the design and deployment of a highly customized network and server cloud infrastructure; Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Assisted the Patent Attorneys by drafting the technical documentation for the filing of patent requests for the company’s intellectual properties.
- Assisted the CEO, CFO, and CTO as necessary with presenting to groups of potential partners and investment groups.
- Hired and oversaw a highly skilled development team, brainstorming and developing numerous mathematical equations in order to quickly and efficiently “map” objects in a given movie and track user clicks.
Representative Publications & Presentations
Featured Speaker: 360|Flex Annual Conference “Optimizing the Designer-Developer Workflow”, 2011
Featured Speaker: Flash Camp Phoenix at Arizona State University, sponsored by Adobe, 2010
Book Author: FLEX 4 IN ACTION (Manning Press), 2011
IBM DeveloperWorks Featured Author 3-Part Series: “Cloud Computing Service Models”, Jan 2011
PHPBuilder: “Data-Centric Development with PHP” 2010
PHP Architect Magazine “Flex Meet Zend” Jan 2010
Flash & Flex Developer Magazine: “Optimizing the Product Development Life Cycle” Aug 2010
Technical Editor: PROFESSIONAL PAPERVISION 3D (Wiley & Sons) 2010
IBM DeveloperWorks: “Developing Effective Cloud-Based Software Using Frameworks” 2009
IBM DeveloperWorks: “Top Ten Tips for Writing Successful Software as a Service” 2009
Adobe Developer Connection: “Creating Desktop Applications for the Cloud” 2009
Amazon Web Services: “Using Adobe Flex and AIR to Store Data in Amazon S3” 2009
Amazon Web Services: “Hosting Flex Applications and PHP Services in the Cloud with Amazon EC2” 2009
Amazon Web Services: “Developing Java Web Applications” 2009
Illinois State University – Bachelor of Science in Digital Arts Technology & Computer Science, Normal, IL
Adobe Community Professional (ACP), San Francisco, CA